Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to programs operated by Code Circle. These terms apply to all courses, options, and programs offered by Code Circle.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and/or registering my student for an Code Circle program, I assert that I have read all Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
Code of Conduct
I agree that I have read through, understand, and agree that I and my student will be held to the Code of Conduct set forth below. I also agree that I have reviewed the Code of Conduct with my student. I understand that I and my student must act in a way that is in keeping with the Code of Conduct and that my student can be dismissed from a program if either of our actions or attitudes seem to be harmful to the atmosphere, other participants, or staff, in the opinion of Code Circle staff. I and my student understand that Code Circle reserves the right to dismiss my student from the program without any prior warning for violating any of the terms of the code of conduct. Refunds will not be given for students dismissed for failure of the student or the parent to abide by the code of conduct. I also acknowledge that upon staff observation of my student at the Code Circle program, Code Circle may determine that the program is not a suitable and/or productive environment for my student. In this case, Code Circle may dismiss the student and no refund will be issued. Code Circle strives to maintain excellent relationships with students. However, in some rare cases, Code Circle may not be a compatible environment for every student.
Students and Parents/Guardians May NEVER:
- engage in or threaten violence;
- bully, intimidate, or harass others;
- damage facilities, dorm rooms or equipment;
- sexually harass others;
- smoke, use tobacco, or vape products at Code Circle locations;
- use, possess or be under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, illegal or un-prescribed legal drug (If a student is caught using, possessing or being under the influence of illegal drugs, student will be immediately dismissed and permanently banned from all Code Circle facilities and may be criminally prosecuted. If a student is suspected of possession of alcohol, marijuana, or any illegal or banned substances or drug paraphernalia, the student may be subject to search and seizure)
Students Also May NEVER:
- view pornography or any inappropriate material (including sexual content, inappropriate violence, racism, bullying, etc.) on the Internet;
- steal property of others (If a student is suspected of possession of property which is not their own, the student may be subject to search and seizure);
- inappropriately use equipment;
- engage in internet hacking;
- use or possess weapons (If possession of weapons is suspected, student will be subject to search and seizure. If a student is found in possession of a weapon student will be immediately dismissed immediately and permanently banned from all Code Circle facilities);
- bring pets or animals to any Code Circle location; (Service dogs may be permitted.)
- bring drones, hover boards, roller blades or shoes with wheels
Students and Parents/Guardians MUST:
- abide by the rules and regulations of each location;
- respect facilities and property; (Should intentional damage to facilities or property be found to be inflicted by a student, the student and their parents will be responsible for fines and damages.)
- not hold Code Circle responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal items
Health and Safety
- I understand that physical and recreational activities contain inherent risk of injuries.
- I certify that my student is in good health and able to participate in Code Circle programs, and that if for any reason my child should be restricted from participating in any activity, that I have provided Code Circle notification of such restrictions through the health forms associated with my student’s account.
- I authorize Code Circle to attend to any health issues or injuries my student may incur while participating in an Code Circle program. This includes providing basic first aid, administering authorized medications, and seeking emergency medical care for my student should they deem it necessary.
- I agree to be financially responsible for any medical treatment needed during the duration of the program. I understand that I am responsible for providing the sole insurance coverage for any medical treatment my student receives, and agree to release any and all records necessary for my child to receive medical treatment.
- I understand that Code Circle staff cannot give my student over-the-counter medication without written permission.
- I understand that the Emergency Contact I provide must be at least 18 years of age and must reside in the United States.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT FOR MY STUDENT’S SAFETY, I MUST PROVIDE CODE CIRCLE WITH ACCURATE AND COMPLETE HEALTH, BEHAVIOR AND DIETARY ISSUES/RESTRICTIONS. I MUST ALSO COMPLETE ALL FORMS LOCATED IN MY ACCOUNT. FAILURE TO PROVIDE REQUIRED INFORMATION CAN RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF MY STUDENT’S REGISTRATION WITHOUT A REFUND.
During the Course
- Photos: As a condition of participation, I authorize that photos, videos, images, audio and testimonials may be taken of my student and agree that said content may be used by Code Circle in promotional materials, marketing collateral, and online media. These images, testimonials, photos, videos, and audio may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations who work with Code Circle. I understand that Code Circle, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees will not be held liable for damages and injuries associated with said publishing, including any and all claims based on negligence. I agree that all images, testimonials, photos, video, and audio taken at or in connection with Code Circle are the sole and exclusive property of Code Circle
- Press Visits: As a condition of participation, I authorize Code Circle and the press to use my student’s full name in print, radio, TV and other mediums. (Often when press arrives at camp, Code Circle may not have the opportunity to contact all families for permission before the press arrives. Therefore, we have created a blanket policy. We thank you for understanding.)
- Projects/Take-homes: I understand that depending on the course my student takes, Code Circle will attempt to to send my student home with a working game or project, or post my student’s project to a project website, or send home a product or voucher for a product. However, I understand that there will be instances when a project or product or product voucher cannot be sent home, posted or delivered, and that Code Circle is not responsible if the game, project, product or voucher do not work properly, or are not compatible with systems outside of camp. Therefore, I release Code Circle from any responsibility for failure to provide a copy of the project or product voucher, or a non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete games, projects, product vouchers or product. Code Circle staff will attempt to provide each participant with their completed project at the conclusion of each session and provide products or product vouchers (if applicable) at the end or any other time during the session. Refunds will not be issued for not receiving products, product vouchers, or being provided a copy of the project, and/or non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete projects, product vouchers or products. I also agree that all projects and work created while at Code Circle may be used by Code Circle in promotional materials, online, and other print media and may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations who work with Code Circle. I agree that Code Circle, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees cannot be held liable for damages and injuries associated with said publishing, including any and all claims based on negligence. I understand that if I have issues with a product voucher or product, I must contact the manufacturer directly. I also understand that product vouchers only cover shipping within Jordan and that if I require the product to be shipped outside I am responsible for all shipping and handling costs.
- Software Accounts: I understand that some Code Circle programs require creation or use of an online account during instructional time, or will require an online account to be created for access to games and networked gameplay. I give consent for Code Circle to create account(s) as needed for my student to participate in Code Circle program activities.
- Game Ratings: I understand that while Code Circle takes its corporate responsibility and Code Circle family values very seriously, it cannot guarantee that younger students at Code Circle will avoid complete contact with the games rated “T” for Teen, or “M” for Mature. Code Circle will make a concerted effort to minimize exposure to any games not appropriate for these age groups. I also understand that if a student is attending a course designed for ages 13-18, some of the game titles my student may be exposed to are rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board). In exchange for my student’s participation in Code Circle programs, I voluntarily assume any and all risks, known or unknown, associated with my student’s access to “M” rated game content at an Code Circle program.
- Inappropriate Web Content: I understand that Code Circle makes every reasonable effort to prevent participants from being exposed to inappropriate web content. As a safeguard, Code Circle will attempt to either install Internet filtering software on Code Circle computers, or use an outside filtering vendor. I agree that no method is 100% perfect, and that my student may inadvertently access some inappropriate content even though Code Circle takes reasonable precautions to guard against inappropriate material being viewed. I understand that if inappropriate content is viewed, Code Circle staff will follow standard protocol and agree that if my student is found in violation of the Code of Conduct set out above, my student may be removed from a program without receiving a refund.
- Self Sign-Out Policy for Teen Courses: I agree that if my student is registered for a course published for ages 13+, he/she can sign himself/herself out with staff. Once my student signs themselves out, they will no longer be in the care of Code Circle. I agree that if my student, even if under the age of 13, is enrolled in a course published for ages 13+, this policy still applies.
- Sign-Out Policy for Pre-Teen Courses: I agree that if my student is registered for a course in the 12 and under group, this means he/she must be signed out of their Code Circle program by an authorized pickup person. I understand and agree that those named as additional authorized pick-up persons (and who show a valid picture ID, Driver License, or Passport)—will be able to pick up my student.
I agree that Code Circle has the right to cancel a course. If a course is cancelled, I understand that I may enroll my student in another course. I agree to be responsible for any costs for the new program that are above the amount paid for the original course. If another course is not available in the local vicinity for the same dates, a refund will be issued for all monies paid to Code Circle for the cancelled course. I understand and agree that if Code Circle is forced to close a course based on a recommendation by the local Health Services Department (in the case of a communicable disease outbreak, etc.) or due to other acts of nature, I will not be entitled to a refund.
Release of Liability
ON BEHALF OF MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD, I, THE PARENT/GUARDIAN, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE RIGHT OF MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD TO PARTICIPATE IN Code Circle PROGRAM(S), HEREBY RELEASE INTERNALDRIVE, INC., ITS OWNERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, FACILITY PROVIDERS AND EMPLOYEES FROM LIABILITY (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED UPON NEGLIGENCE) FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURIES TO MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD OR DAMAGE OF ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY. I AGREE TO BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES OR INJURIES WHICH MAY RESULT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY NEGLIGENT ACTS OR ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH INTERNALDRIVE, INC. HOWEVER, I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT RELEASING INTERNALDRIVE, INC., ITS OWNERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, FACILITY PROVIDERS, AND EMPLOYEES FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESS CONDUCT OR INTENTIONALLY TORTIOUS CONDUCT. TO THE EXTENT THIS RELEASE CONFLICTS WITH STATE/PROVINCIAL LAW GOVERNING RELEASES, THIS RELEASE IS TO BE GIVEN THE FULLEST FORCE AND EFFECT PERMITTED UNDER STATE/PROVINCIAL LAW. SHOULD ANY PART OF THIS CONTRACT BE FOUND INVALID OR NOT ENFORCEABLE BY A COURT OF LAW, THEN THE REMAINING PORTION SHALL CONTINUE TO BE VALID AND IN FORCE.
I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Code Circle, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with my student’s participation in an Code Circle program.
Changes, Cancellations, and Refunds
I understand that if I use a promotional discount when registering my student, that I am limited to one discount per student, and that the balance must be paid in full at the time of registration to receive the published discount amount. I also agree that all applicable cancellation/refund policies apply, and that all promotional codes must be submitted at the time of registration. I understand that Code Circle will not honor retroactive adjustments and that the total discounts received cannot exceed the total cost of the products purchased.
If I register and pay for more than one student or register one student for multiple Code Circle programs/courses for the same season, I understand that I will be responsible for paying the standard tuition for the first program/course, but will receive a discount for each additional program/course tuition paid to be determined by Code Circle. I understand that the lowest discount amount will be applied if I qualify for multiple discounts.
Code Circle reserves the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. We reserve the right to cancel a course if participation numbers are not adequate. In the case where a suitable Code Circle replacement week is not found, a full refund will be issued. On rare occasions, the software and hardware we use at our programs may change without notice, and we will strive to find suitable software and hardware alternatives.
I understand that Code Circle partners with and uses the intellectual property of some amazing companies. I agree to uphold the copyright and trademark rights of Code Circle and their partners.